German Supply Chain Act poses implementation challenge
In June 2021, the German Bundestag passed the Supply Chain Due Diligence Act (Supply Chain Act), which, as of January 2023, intends to create a more level playing field among German companies through due diligence in favour of human rights and environmental protection. As is often the case, the German Supply Chain Act tells you what you need to do, but it doesn’t explain how to do it.
Speeki provides businesses with expert guidance on how to build and effectively implement programmes using our own Engage™ methodology combined with the well-known ISO management system standards.
Download the summary of our guide on how to use the Speeki Engage™ framework to build a corporate due diligence programme that is compliant with the German Supply Chain Act.
The guide covers such aspects as:
- forming a cross-functional team to develop a company-wide compliance approach
- engaging stakeholders to understand legal requirements and conduct risk assessments
- securing buy-in across different levels of the company
- developing goals and objectives as well as establishing baselines for programme management and compliance measurement
- assigning roles and developing policies aligned with the German Supply Chain Act
- embedding compliance initiatives into the company’s culture
- measuring programme implementation against established baselines through audits, assessments and reviews
- gathering metrics and data to report programme growth as required by the German Supply Chain Act.